What is a Lash Extensions?
Lash extensions are a semi-permanent application of individual or fan lashes attached to your natural eyelash to create a thicker, fuller more natural eye appearance. In this aesthetic eye treatment, lashes are customized depending on the natural shape of the eye and what the client prefers.
Types of Lash Extensions at MiraBelle Spa
Classic Lashes are one individual lash attached to each individual natural lash. The appearance will be a longer lash overall but has a very natural appearance.
Hybrid Lashes are a combination of Classic and Volume. Some of the lashes are enhanced with an individual lash while other lashes use a volume fan lash. A very precise placement of these lashes creates a fuller and longer appearance.
Volume Lashes are drama all the way. Using fan lashes, each individual natural lash is enhanced with a set of fan lashes, which can increase your individual lash volume by up to 9 times. Volume lashes create a very full and dramatic look.
All lash extensions need to have fills to keep them looking their best. Lashes last approximately 2-3 weeks. Depending on the amount of lashes that are still present, a fill may be all that is necessary.
Follow these guidelines to help keep your eyelash extensions looking beautiful.
- Be gentle with your new lashes, refrain from touching or rubbing them. The golden rule is: look but don’t touch.
- Avoid swimming, steam rooms, saunas, or extreme heat for 48 hours after application.
- Do not use an eyelash curler on the lash extensions or try to perm or tint them. This will break the bond on the extensions and might damage your natural lashes.
- Do not use oil-based products (oil-based eye makeup, makeup remover, moisturizer, cleanser, sunscreen) on or near your lashes.
- Use products of non-oily, non-creamy formulas to remove eye makeup (Extend® gentle chamomile & aloe cleanser is available for purchase here.) Oil-based makeup products will dissolve the adhesive on the eyelash extensions and will cause your extensions to fall out sooner than expected.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes roughly when cleaning your face and avoid running water directly on your lashes.
- Avoid sleeping face down to prevent pressing against your eyelashes.
- Be very careful when removing makeup in the eye area. Gently go over the eye area, sweep up and away from the lash extensions.
- Using mascara on eyelash extensions is not recommended. If you must wear mascara, only use water based mascara, our recommendation is available for purchase here.
- Keep an eyelash comb handy to straighten out any loose, stray lashes. Comb them carefully and very gently only when needed.
- Do not pull on any loose extensions or you risk plucking out your natural eyelashes. Do not attempt to remove the lash extensions yourself; allow the extensions to fall off naturally or schedule an appointment to have them professionally removed.
- Maintain your lash extensions with regular touch-up appointments, please schedule in advance as availability can be limited.
Frequently Asked Questions...
Real people. Real results.
Extraordinary results speak for themselves
L.S.- 54 Year Old Female
(Classic Lash Extension by Leslie Saavedra)
Lash extensions are the perfect way to create the look of mascara without the everyday hassle. This client was looking for a more subtle lash transformation and opted for the Classic Lash set. Our talented lash technician was able to enhance her natural lash look, and these extensions will last anywhere from 2-3 weeks.
L.P.- 28 Year Old Female
(Hybrid Lash Extension by Leslie Saavedra)
If you’re looking for a middle ground between a Classic Set and a Volume set, these lashes are the perfect solution. This client was hoping for a delicate yet voluminous lash transformation, and the Hybrid Set was the ideal solution to her lash needs. No need for mascara, these lashes will typically last anywhere from 2-3 weeks.
J.R.- 33 Year Old Female
(Volume Lash Extension by Leslie Saavedra)
If you feel that the Classic Lashes are a bit too subtle for you, the Volume Set may be exactly what you are looking for. These lashes will certainly add drama and volume, while also ensuring that you stay mascara free for at least 2-3 weeks. This client was thrilled with the beautifully dramatic before and after results from her volume lashes.