Your eyebrows are the frame to your face. Creating an artistic frame that highlights your eyes can be done with brow shaping and tint. Shaping your natural brow and highlighting with a semi permanent die provides definition and a more youthful appearance.
Types of Brow Enhancements at MiraBelle Spa
Eyebrow tinting is the process of applying semi-permanent dye to enhance, shape, and define your brows. It gives the appearance of thicker, more youthful looking brows.
How long does it take? An average session takes only about 15 minutes. We will discuss how full and natural you want your brows to look. Then we will prep the area, cleaning the brows and applying a thin layer of petroleum jelly around them to prevent any accidental skin staining. The dye is then mixed and carefully applied, first in the direction of how your brow hairs grow and then a second layer is applied in the opposite direction. The dye is left on for a few minutes to attain optimal color, then any excess is removed with a damp paper towel.
What does eyebrow shaping mean?
Eyebrow shaping is a type of personal grooming that involves plucking and trimming the eyebrow hairs for a desired shape. Using Wax or tweezers we will keep your eye frame in perfect order.
Micropigmentation, also known as permanent makeup, permanent cosmetics or cosmetic tattooing, is a cosmetic procedure used to improve or replace lost coloring on your skin. A semi-permanent dye is applied to add color to the skin behind your natural brow line.
How is Micropigmentation done? Before starting the procedure, a topical anesthetic will be applied to numb the skin and keep you comfortable. The procedure is performed with a pen-like instrument. The needle will penetrate a few millimeters into the middle layer of your skin (dermis) and an iron oxide pigment is injected.
After the procedure, you will be given an antiseptic to keep the treated region clean. In addition, you may be given an ointment to keep the area soft and promote healing.
Follow these guidelines to promote rapid healing after a Micropigmentation procedure.
- After 5-6 hours following your procedure, cleanse the brows with a simple soap or MicroTonic®, then
immediately apply a very thin coat of healing ointment (MicroBalm®, MicroGel® or AfterInked®).
- Continue gently cleansing and applying ointment 2-3 times per day for 3-4 days (or until all scabbing/crust
has come off).
- When the area starts to flake, leave it. Do not pick, peel or pull on the skin.
- Avoid sweating such as from vigorous exercise for 1 week post-procedure
- For at least one week post-procedure or until healing is complete (whichever is longer):
- Keep your hands clean and avoid touching the affected area(s).
- Do not scrub or pick treated areas.
- Do not use peroxide or Neosporin on treated areas.
- Do not expose area to direct sun or to tanning beds.
- Avoid exposing the area excessive moisture or humidity, such as: facials, swimming, whirlpools (hot tubs), saunas, steam rooms, and steamy showers.
- Do not resume any method of eyebrow hair removal or coloration for at least two weeks.
- Avoid eyebrow tinting within 48 hours before or two weeks after the procedure.
- Avoid Retin-A, moisturizers, glycolic acids, exfoliants and anti-aging products at all times (not just during
healing) on all micropigmented areas. These can cause pigments to fade and lighten prematurely.
- Pigments will slowly fade over time according to one’s metabolism, skin type, sun exposure, medication,
facial surgery, and smoking. Schedule maintenance visits as needed to keep it looking fresh.
- Periodic touch ups will ensure longer lasting results..
Real people. Real results.
Extraordinary results speak for themselves
Micropigmentation - Client 05
Micropigmentation - Client 06
Micropigmentation - Client 11
Micropigmentation - Client 13
Frequently Asked Questions...
Most commonly called permanent cosmetics, other names include derma pigmentation, micro pigmentation, and cosmetic tattooing, the latter being most appropriate since permanent makeup is an innovative cosmetic procedure that enables both men and women to enhance the shape of their eyebrows, hairline, lips, eyes, and more, through the process of depositing pigment into the skin’s dermal layer.
Micropigmentation can be done for the eyebrows, other parts of the face or body and the scalp. It lasts for an average of 3 years.
Micropigmentation is a relatively simple, safe and painless procedure. However, as with any invasive procedure, there is a possibility of complications, including but not limited to, infection, swelling, bruising, rash, tenderness and a reaction to the pigment or anesthesia.
Micropigmentation or Powder-Filled Eyebrows are great for any skin type, unlike microblading, which is not suitable for those with oily skin. Powder-Filled brows have a more “filled-in” look, the healed results appear like softly shaded brow pencil or powder.
Micropigmentation can look incredibly real when done correctly.
Microblading is typically done using a manual blade while micropigmentation is performed using a tattoo device to deliver pigment into the deeper layers of the skin. Micropigmentation has the option of natural colors.
The short answer is, it depends. Before the procedure, your SMP practitioner will apply a topical numbing agent to your skin. That said, it's good to keep in mind that there may still be some discomfort.